Category Archives: PHP

Deeper. And stuff.

Just installed Composer. Used that to install the latest version of PHPMailer. Watching The Fugitive for the billionth time and was inspired to search for PHP jobs in Chicago. God, I’d love to live in Chicago. Almost as much as … Continue reading

Posted in PHP, Server Admin | Leave a comment

My Site Is Secure

Just bought my first TLS/SSL certificate. Feel cool. Like I’ve gone through a rite of passage. Like I’m not an amateur. Also continuing to make php forms and such more secure in the app itself. Pretty pleased with myself. Learning … Continue reading

Posted in JavaScript, myLearning, myProgress, myProjects, PHP, Security | Leave a comment

Spotify and PHP

Just took a look at the two repos of PHP classes/wrappers for the Spotify Web API. I was very surprised — also simultaneously disappointed and delighted — they were so small and did so little. Perhaps that’s unfair — I … Continue reading

Posted in PHP, Spotify | Leave a comment

Choosing a Specialty

Okay, I’m choosing PHP which I know isn’t hot or sexy but I have a few reasons. It’s always been easy to understand It’s always been easy to write Learning new things has been easy I’ve made more progress with … Continue reading

Posted in PHP | Leave a comment

2016 Books of the Year

As with last year, these aren’t necessarily new books released in 2016. These are the books I discovered that most contributed to my learning and advancement in 2016. New books face a disadvantage in their hopes to be so honored — … Continue reading

Posted in Books, JavaScript, PHP, Python | Leave a comment

Presidential PHP Progress

Trying to add some login security to my PrezPlay project was really bumming me out. Amidst all the stuff I found via Google and StackOverflow that didn’t help was one post where this dude took so much time to help … Continue reading

Posted in myProjects, PHP | Leave a comment

Resuming PHP Schooling

I’m always thinking, “I should finish my Presidents project,” but always putting it off because there’s something more urgent like FreeCodeCamp, Codecademy, CS50, etc. but today I decided to do something fun, productive, etc. and not stress out about that … Continue reading

Posted in myProjects, MySQL, PHP | Leave a comment