Category Archives: Frustration

Promises for Five-Year-Olds

This is a work in progress … I’m happily going through the Grow with Google Challenge Scholarship: Mobile Web course at Udacity. We use javascript promises throughout which I kinda sorta basically understood the basic concept of. I didn’t completely … Continue reading

Posted in Frustration, JavaScript, myLearning | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Lost My iShizzle

The iMac has been freezing lots again. So I updated El Capitan — not to Sierra, just updated the Capitan. Googling Sierra tells me there’s lots of freezing for that, too. Perhaps I should have stayed with Mavericks. Man … … Continue reading

Posted in Customer Service, Frustration, UI, UX | Leave a comment

File Uploading Madness

The web app on which I’m working will include (sorry for the passive voice) a page for the user to upload an “observation.” As of last week, this small form included: Two menus (Case, Action) from which the user selects … … Continue reading

Posted in Frustration | Leave a comment

Close To Wit’s End

I should know better than to try editing/testing code on this particular computer/network. Stuff that works anywhere else doesn’t work here. So, it might be that. But this new script is so simple. But, if it works, then I make … Continue reading

Posted in Debugging, Frustration, JavaScript | Leave a comment

Holy Crap. Am I in the Overlook Maze?

It’s been so long since I switched this project from Python to JavaScript, I’d forgotten why. On Oct 24, 2016 — over three months ago — I gave up on doing it in Python because–wait for it–I couldn’t get the … Continue reading

Posted in Frustration, myProjects, Uncategorized | 1 Comment

Merde! Merde! Merde! Merde! Merde! Merde! Merde! Merde! Merde!

Or, if Napoleon (as quoted in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure) isn’t your thing and you prefer German historical figures (as recorded for posterity in Inglorious Basterds) … Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Or, if you voted for Trump … JavaScript is rigged. Bad! I was … Continue reading

Posted in Debugging, Frustration | 2 Comments

SCORM Exchange Excitement

I willingly subscribe to a very small handful of things. One of them is Philip Hutchison‘s updates on his forthcoming book because I couldn’t be more excited about it. I think it’s important and exciting enough to share—the thoughts and … Continue reading

Posted in Books, elearning, Frustration, SCORM | Leave a comment