These are the books that were indispensable this year as I continued learning and developing the apps that constitute my portfolio.
- CentOS 7 Linux Server Cookbook by Oliver Pelz and Jonathan Hobson
- Mastering CentOS 7 Linux Server by Mohamed Alibi
- Plug-In PHP: 100 Power Solutions by Robin Nixon
Honorable Mention (awesome books I used a lot but weren’t as indispensable)
- The Linux Command Line by William E. Shotts, Jr. from the ever-awesome No Starch Press
Were Briefly Under Consideration (Great books but not used a lot)
- In the Eye of the SCORM by Claude Ostyn
- Data Driven Documents: D3.js Tips and Tricks by Malcolm Maclean
Sprint at the End Reappearance from Last Year
- Interactive Data Visualization for the Web by Scott Murray
Once again, I checked out this book and renewed it as many times as I could. My boss gave me a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas and I just used it to order my very own copy of the 2nd edition which is twice as thick!
Not books, but dang they helped me a TON …
- Learn Object-Oriented Programming in PHP by Stefan Mischook from killerphp.com
- (The Only Proper) PDO Tutorial by colshrapnel from phpdelusions.net