Okay, I’m choosing PHP which I know isn’t hot or sexy but I have a few reasons.
- It’s always been easy to understand
- It’s always been easy to write
- Learning new things has been easy
- Unlike Python and Angular, for example, upgrading to the latest hasn’t made me want to cry and punch myself in the face
- OH MY GOSH, these two:
- Great books and authors are easy to spot & find and they age well
- Active local PHP Meetup
- That active local PHP Meetup is hosted by SourceToad — the company what’s gonna hire me and I will hug them and pet them and call them George.
- Subhead/Sidebar: Their clients and projects make my mouth water and, as Meat Loaf would say, well … let’s keep this family friendly.
- Not only is the web app I’m making primarily PHP but the coolest features/scripts I haven’t even started on are based on it.