Okay, it’s not really my very first. It’s already been revised 2-3 times.
- Can I and/or should I remove the ArtistID column from the Tracks table? It’s already connected to an album which is connected to the artist.
- Is dumping the artists, albums, and tracks all in a single Popularity table the best idea?
- Or, should their be — forgive the newbie — a popularity table for each artist, album, and track?
- Should I add a column that indicates whether each item is an artist, album, or track? Specifically, I’m wondering about the popularity table.
- My big(gest) question is how do I best measure popularity over time — is doing it merely by adding rows to whatever version of a popularity table I create? Is it really that simple? I just want to compare the popularity of a track/album/artist over time and compare those numbers to other artists’ info.
- Is this the correct and/or best way to store the popularity each day or week so that I can create some visualizations like bar or line graphs?