Everything installed and, for the most part, configured quite easily. Then I couldn’t log in to PHPmyAdmin. Spent hours troubleshooting and reconfiguring Apache, PHP, and MySQL only to find out that my root MySQL user username wasn’t my username, it was actually “root.”
I was not happy.
I did learn many solutions to problems I didn’t have, so there’s that. I also had a very valuable lesson on the principle of Occam’s Razor.
I am now happy.
Thanks to help from Google, I’ve begun customizing/personalizing my little bit of Ubuntu Linux goodness and fixed the notorious WiFi issues, etc.
Now I’m starting these which are awesome: